Same Day Appointments
Well Child Visit
Q & A
What is adolescent care?
Adolescent care is a type of medical service designed to cater to the health needs of children of ages 10 to 21. The goal is to ensure patients have a safe and smooth transition into adulthood.
At HG pediatrics, our adolescent care service encompasses the following:
- Sick visits
- Physicals (e.g., sports, school)
- Well-child visits
- Allergy testing and education
- Immunizations and vaccines
- Nutrition and exercise recommendations
The team ensures that the child’s needs are taken care of during the entire process. From emotional to educational and development requirements, all these factors are considered.
One of our adolescent care package’s most significant advantages is that we strive to build a healthy and trusting relationship with your child and motivate them to adopt a healthy lifestyle.
What specialized services does adolescent care include?
Some of the adolescent care services we offer at HG pediatrics include:
- Sexually transmitted disease (STD) and safe sex education
- HIV prevention and testing
- Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder management
- Eating disorder assessment and counseling
- Stress and anxiety management
- Pregnancy testing
- Self-care education
- Mental health assessment
- Birth control and contraception counseling
- Obesity evaluation and support
- Drug and substance abuse
- Gynecological health
Once a level of trust is established with your child, we encourage them to take responsibility for their health. Also, we create an open atmosphere where the teenager can freely air issues concerning sexual health, depression, and anxiety.
How can I support my adolescent’s health?
As a parent, you double as your child’s role model. Most teenagers will emulate what you do in matters concerning health and lifestyle. Hence, it’s best to adopt best health practices for their sake. Additionally, you can promote their wellness by:
- Scheduling a sick visit when they aren’t feeling well or aren’t improving
- Encouraging trust in their pediatric provider
- Educating yourself on signs of depression, anxiety, and substance abuse
- Seeking medical attention when you see concerning symptoms
- Scheduling regular well-child visits and physicals
- Providing healthy options for food and drink at home
- Encouraging open communication about complex topics
- Affirming positive, healthy decisions
You can do a lot as a parent to support your healthy adolescent, and the HG Pediatrics team is here to help you through every stage of your child’s development, from newborn through young adulthood.
As a parent, there is no limit to what you can do to promote your children’s health, and HG pediatrics is here to help you every step of the way.
Contact us today and make the first step to a healthy adolescent transition to adulthood.
Book an appointment with us today
We Accept Same Day Appointments and Walk-Ins
For your convenience, HG Pediatrics accepts most major
insurance plans (i.e. Medicaid and Commercial Health Plans).
For specific insurance plan inquiries, please contact the office
Dr. Garza is one of the best doctors that I´ve ever met; he is always super helpful. I recommend him for all kids of all ages.
Dr Garza is amazing. I really am pleased to have my children cared for by him. Thanks dr Garza
Great service. Always answer my questions and attend to any of my concerns. No long wait and wonderful experience every time.
Excelente pediatrician.He always answered all my questions and take really good care of my daughter health. HE'S THE BEST !